THIS is the shocking moment a thug stabbed a rival before being punched to the ground during a mass brawl in Liverpool.
Two 15-year-old boys were stabbed in the buttocks during the huge fight which involved up to 100 youths on the waterfront, cops have said.
The knifed boys were taken to Alder Hey Children’s hospital in Liverpool where their wounds were treated and they have since been discharged.
The mass brawl broke out at about 9.15pm last Friday, July 23, according to Merseyside Police.
Upsetting video shows the fight at Keel Wharf, with a crowd of young men and women gathered round to watch the warring youths.
Several of those involved appeared to have been hit in the head, with some trying to shove people away during the melee.
A stabbing motion can also be seen being directed towards two youths’ buttocks in the shocking video.
At one stage a thug can be seen being punched to the ground, with bystanders quickly jumping in to stop the brawl continuing.
Ch Insp Matthew Moscrop said: “The carrying and use of knives is wholly unacceptable.
“The consequences can be significant for victims and offenders.
“As a result of recent violence and anti-social behaviour we have significantly increased the number of officers in the city and around the waterfront.”
It was announced this morning that a dispersal zone is in place on Liverpool’s waterfront.
Merseyside Police say this was brought in “following further reports of criminality and anti-social behaviour in the area over the weekend, which left young people injured”.
The force said officers were called at about 9.15pm on Friday to reports of around 80-100 youths fighting at Keel Wharf on the waterfront.
Detectives are carrying out “extensive forensic and CCTV and enquiries” into the double stabbing.
Insp Charlotte Irlam said: “Merseyside Police simply will not tolerate people visiting the Albert Dock to enjoy the sunshine and facilities being subjected to violence, intimidation and fear.
“That’s why a further dispersal zone has been introduced following disgraceful behaviour at the waterfront over the past week including appalling incidents involving weapons, leaving young people injured.
“We have also significantly increased the number of officers in the city and around the waterfront.
“They will not be troubling people who are in the city to enjoy themselves.
“They are there to target those involved in criminality and keep the city safe for those who just want to come and enjoy our beautiful waterfront and the good weather.”
Merseyside Police simply will not tolerate people visiting the Albert Dock to enjoy the sunshine and facilities being subjected to violence, intimidation and fear
Insp Charlotte Irlam
During last week’s heatwave Merseyside cops received a number of reports of anti-social behaviour.
These included assaults, intimidation, people on paddleboards being pushed off into the water and their boards being taken over by youths, drugs misuse and objects being thrown at canal boats, the force said.
Under the dispersal order, cops and police community support traffic officers powers have the power to order people causing or likely to cause crime, nuisance or act in an anti-social behaviour to leave the designated area and not return for up to 48 hours.
The Section 34 order runs from 7pm on Sunday, July 25, until 7pm Tuesday July 27.
The area is bounded by the River Mersey, St Nicholas Place, Georges Dock Gates, The Strand, Wapping, Chaloner Street, Sefton Street and Brunswick Way.
Under the legislation, cops have the power to seize anything used to carry out anti-social behaviour.
Anyone who defies an order to leave and returns to the area risks being arrested.
The police said officers are working with Liverpool City Council, businesses and residents “to ensure the waterfront is a space that can be safely enjoyed by all”.
They’ve appealed for anyone with information, or who saw the brawl or stabbings, to contact Merseyside Police.