Meghan Markle latest news: Fans all saying the same thing as they BLAST Harry for failing to introduce Lilibet to Queen

Meghan Markle latest news: Fans all saying the same thing as they BLAST Harry for failing to introduce Lilibet to Queen

PRINCE Harry has been labelled “selfish” for not introducing the Queen to baby Lilibet – with fans claiming his return at Xmas would be “to ease his conscience”.

The Duke of Sussex reportedly felt “helpless” after learning the Queen has spent the night in hospital in his LA home.

According to reports the duke is even planning a return to the UK this year to see his family, according to reports, so Her Majesty can finally meet his 9-month-old daughter.

But one social media user tweeted: “I think what is the most sad thing of all is that our beloved Queen hasn’t seen her great grandson Archie since he was 9months old & she’s never met her youngest great grandchild Lilibet.

“H&M have access to nannies & private jets – there is no excuse. Utterly despicable & selfish”

Another said the UK return over the festive season would be means of the Duke “easing his conscience”, saying Harry “should have done it sooner, without MM”.

It was reported earlier this year that the Queen has felt great “sadness” that she so rarely sees her great-grandchildren.

Read our Meghan Markle live blog for the latest updates…

  • Major overseas tour since pandemic

    Prince Charles’ office has revealed that he will be heading to Egypt and Jordan next month

    It will be the first overseas tour by a senior member of the royal family since the COVID-19 pandemic started.

    Charles, 72, will be accompanied by his wife Camilla for the four-day trip which is due to begin in the middle of November.

    The Prince’s twitter account released the following statement.

    “Charles, 72, will be accompanied by his wife Camilla for the four-day trip which is due to begin on Nov. 16.

    “The tour will focus on the climate crisis and will explore how leaders can implement commitments following COP26.”

  • Queen pictured smiling broadly during video link

    THE Queen has been pictured smiling broadly for the first time since it was announced she’d been forced to back out of the COP26 summit on doctors’ orders.

    Buckingham Palace revealed on Tuesday that Her Majesty won’t be travelling to Scotland for the meeting – as she’s been advised to rest.

    The decision sparked further concern for the monarch’s health after she was hospitalised for ‘preliminary tests’ last week.

    However, in a new photo issued by the Palace tonight, the Queen looked cheerful as she gave a virtual audience earlier this week.

    Wearing a pretty floral dress and pearl necklace, she smiled brightly as she presented David Constantine with the Gold Medal for Poetry via videolink.

    The monarch has already hosted two virtual audiences at Windsor this week, both of which were on Tuesday.

    NINTCHDBPICT000689813503
  • Queen will find slowing down difficult

    Experts say the Queen will likely find the change of pace difficult.

    Richard Fitzwilliams told The Sun: “She knows people want to see her, she knows certain events are particularly important, and if she can possibly make it in person, she will.

    “It’s more or less inevitable that there’ll be a very, very careful rethink now.

    “However, she truly hates letting anyone down.”

  • Queen has felt ‘great sadness’ over no seeing great grandchildren

    It was reported earlier this year that the Queen has felt great “sadness” that she so rarely sees her great-grandchildren.

    Ingrid Seward, editor-in-chief of Majesty magazine, said before Lilibet’s birth: “She has barely seen Archie since he was born, a source of sadness for her.”

    That may soon change. According to the source, Harry’s concern for the monarch may prompt a visit ahead of her Platinum Jubilee celebrations next year.

    “He felt helpless being 5,000 miles away in Montecito, and has been checking in non-stop with her,” they said.

  • What’s been happening with the Queen?

    The Queen spent a night in hospital following ‘preliminary tests’. She was later discharged in “good spirits”.

    However, this week she cancelled a planned appearance at the COP26 summit on doctors’ orders.

    She also backed out of a planned trip to Northern Ireland – her first cancelled royal duty in 15 years.

  • Prince Harry wants to visit the UK at Xmas

    PRINCE Harry wants to visit the UK this Christmas – so the Queen can finally meet baby Lilibet, according to a new report.

    The Duke of Sussex is understood to be feeling “helpless” at his LA home after his grandmother was admitted to hospital last week.

    And a source claims he is now preparing to return to the UK with Meghan, Archie and Lilibet within the coming weeks.

    The source told US Weekly that Harry went into “panic mode” and has been “checking in non-stop”.

    They alleged he “feels guilty about not saying goodbye” in person to Prince Philip, who died in April.

    “He would never forgive himself if the same thing happened with his beloved grandmother,” the source said.

  • Queen appeared in good spirits during video engagement

    The Queen appeared to be in good spirits today as she carried out an online royal engagement.

    It came two days after she cancelled her planned appearance at next week’s COP26 climate summit following advice from her doctors.

    “I am very glad to have a chance to see you if only mechanically this morning,” Her Majesty said as she oversaw the awarding of a medal for poetry to British poet and translator David Constantine via video link.

    “I don’t know what you do with it.

    “Do you put it in a cupboard?” she asked regarding the medal, smiling into the camera.

    The footage was released by Buckingham Palace.

  • The Crown to include ‘keystone moment’ of Diana’s Bashir interview

    The fifth series of Netflix drama The Crown will dramatise the headline-making 1995 Panorama interview with Diana, Princess of Wales, according to reports.

    That interview, conducted by then-BBC journalist Martin Bashir, made global headlines as the princess spoke openly about her marriage to the Prince of Wales, famously telling Bashir “there were three of us in this marriage, so it was a bit crowded”.

    An insider said: “The Crown’s creators see the interview as the keystone moment in series five.

    “To the writers, the stormy marriage between Charles and Di led up to her outpouring on Panorama, and the aftermath of that decision defined her final months.

    “They are making a huge investment in that. The Crown has a track record of delving into areas of the Royal Family’s history they’d rather be left alone.”

  • Queen plans to return to horse-riding after rest says source

    Royal insiders insist the Queen has refused to give up her favourite pursuit and plans to return after rest and recuperation.

    The monarch, who spent a night in hospital last week, is under strict orders to carry out “light duties” and cannot even walk her corgis.

    She has also been seen walking with a stick, missed a trip to church at the weekend and has pulled out of meeting world leaders at the COP26 climate change summit in Glasgow next week.

    A Balmoral source said: “She was in quite a bit of discomfort. She adores riding and it has been part of her ritual for most of her life.

    “She has been extremely disappointed not to go riding since the beginning of September.”

  • Queen presents medal to poet David Constantine by video link

    The Queen has presented poet David Constantine with a prestigious prize during a virtual ceremony and joked: “Do you put it in a cupboard?”

    As she continues to carry out light duties after being advised to rest, the Queen spoke with the writer via video-link from Windsor Castle on Thursday.

    The acclaimed poet was at Buckingham Palace to receive the Queen’s Gold Medal for Poetry 2020, and was joined by the chair of the judging committee, the Poet Laureate, Simon Armitage.

    Pictured smiling broadly, the Queen wore a colourful floral day dress for the event, and told the writer: “I’m very glad to have the chance to see you, if only mechanically, this morning.”

    After Armitage presented the award to Constantine on the Queen’s behalf, she joked: “I don’t know what you do with it, do you put it in a cupboard?” and smiled.

    When the writer replied he will show it to his children and grandchildren who are waiting at home, the Queen replied: “Well, that will be nice, it’s rather a nice medal isn’t it?”

  • Queen forced to give up horse riding two months ago

    The Sun revealed yesterday that the Queen was forced to give up horse riding two months ago after suffering “discomfort”.

    Her Majesty was told to rein in her equestrianism in early September but is determined to be back in the saddle again soon.

    The Sun understands the monarch, a keen horsewoman and avid racing fan, has not been out on a nag since her summer break in Scotland.

    A Balmoral source said: “She was in quite a bit of discomfort. She adores riding and it has been part of her ritual for most of her life.

    “She has been extremely disappointed not to go riding since the beginning of September.”

  • Queen will appear at COP26 via recorded video message

    On Tuesday it was announced that the Queen had pulled out of meeting world leaders at the climate change gathering in Glasgow after being advised to rest by doctors.

    The 95-year-old monarch will instead record a video message for the summit.

    Palace sources said she “regretfully decided” not to travel but they stressed she is in “good spirits”. Royal experts said the move was a “sensible precaution”.

    Speaking on Good Morning Britain today, the Queen’s former press secretary Dickie Arbiter said: “Given that there are reported to be 30,000 people pouring into Glasgow for this particular conference I think it’s been the palace and her medical team being safer than sorry.”

  • Queen’s diary to be ‘carefully examined’

    Palace officials will create engagements for the Queen based on how she is feeling and whether she needs to travel.

    It is understood that there will be an “ever greater collaboration” between senior members of the royal family on future engagements, reports The Mirror.

    A royal source told the publication: “The senior royals as a unit have collectively discussed a greater need for collaboration in their projects together, whether that is explicitly working on the same topic or supporting each other on an ad-hoc basis, different plans will be drawn up to the ones that currently exist.

    “After the coronavirus restrictions have ended they all feel the need to get out and do more.

    “The Queen is aware of the need to rest and that is what she is doing now.

    “No doubt she will be back when she feels ready.”

  • More Royal Family news

  • Prince William learned you ‘don’t mess with grandma’ 

    WE can hardly believe it’s been 10 whole YEARS since Kate Middleton married into the Royal Family in a fairytale ceremony at Westminster Abbey.

    In the run-up to the big day, we were desperate to know all the details of Duchess of Cambridge‘s stunning Alexander McQueen dress.

    But it turns out, Prince William‘s outfit was the one that actually caused quite a stir in the Palace.

    A year after he tied the knot, the Duke of Cambridge admitted during an interview with ABC that he’d clashed with The Queen over what he wore on his wedding day.

    He said: “What I really wanted to wear was the Irish Guards frock coat.

    “We had a couple of discussions on this matter but, as I learnt growing up, you don’t mess with your grandmother.

    “What she says goes!”

  • More Kate & Wills news

  • What is the Earthshot prize and who won?

    The Earthshot prize, announced a year ago, is awarding £1million to five projects each year from now until the end of the decade.

    Anfield attacker Mo Salah, 29, announced Coral Vita, of the Bahamas, which farms coral to restore dying reefs, was the winner of the Revive Our Oceans category.

    Emma Watson revealed AEM Electrolyser, which creates green hydrogen, as winner of the Fix Our Climate section.

    Emma Thompson awarded Milan the Build a Waste-Free World category prize after it took unwanted shop fruit and veg and handed them out to impoverished areas.

    And actor David Oyelowo, 45, unveiled Takachar, in New Delhi, which is a system of burning agricultural waste and put a stop to the burning of crops, as winner of the Clean Our Air Earthshot.

    Kate announced the winner of the Protect and Restore Nature £1million prize was Costa Rica.

  • Sussexes and Cambridges ‘very much rivals now’ says expert

    Royal expert Phil Dampier told the Sun that Harry & Meg and Kate & Wills are rivals – despite both couples having a shared environmental vision.

    He said: “They are very much rivals now, not brothers in arms, and I’m afraid I can’t see a reconciliation soon.

    “If Harry dropped his book project and admitted some of his and Meghan’s comments were over the top there might be some progress, but I can’t see it happening.

    “William and Kate have always been very popular in the US but have not been there for some time so they will want to boost their profile and next year, during the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee year, would be a golden opportunity.”

  • Mansion next to Prince Harry & Meghan Markle sells for whopping £14M

    The plush pad next door to the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s mansion appears to have sold for a whopping £14million.

    The staggering sum has bought the mystery buyer a mansion in an exclusive celeb enclave, next door to the royal couple.

    The seven-bed, 13-bathroom estate was originally on sale for a cool $22.5million (about £16.3million) in March this year (2021).

    But it has since sold for the reduced price of $19,100,000 (about £14million), according to Realtor.com.

    Harry and Meghan’s Chateau of Riven Rock pad is visible behind trees on the estate in aerial photos shared online by the US real estate agent.

  • No paths crossed

    Kate Middleton & William are unlikely to meet Harry & Meghan at the Earthshot Prize in the US as they could ‘steal their thunder’.

    The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were the king and queen of green as they awarded the winners of a £50million planet saving prize earlier this month.

    Speaking at a reception afterwards, William said: “We raised the bar — now over to the US.”

    Royal author Phil Dampier told Fabulous that it would be a “logical step” for William and Kate to attend the ceremony across the pond in 2022 – where Meghan and Harry have set up their new life.

    However, Phil added that any chance of a reconciliation between the two couples is unlikely.

    He explained: “I don’t think William and Kate would want to meet up with Harry and Meghan, who could try and steal their thunder on the earth shot project.

    “They are very much rivals now, not brothers in arms, and I’m afraid I can’t see a reconciliation soon.”

    NINTCHDBPICT000687349369 2
  • Kate & Wills unlikley to meet Harry & Meghan at Earthshot US prize

    KATE Middleton and Prince William could be heading to the US next year, as they announced the next Earthshot Prize Awards will be held there.

    The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were the king and queen of green as they awarded the winners of a £50million planet saving prize earlier this month.

    Speaking at a reception afterwards, William said: “We raised the bar — now over to the US.”

    Royal author Phil Dampier told Fabulous that it would be a “logical step” for William and Kate to attend the ceremony across the pond in 2022 – where Meghan and Harry have set up their new life.

    However, Phil added that any chance of a reconciliation between the two couples is unlikely.

    He explained: “I don’t think William and Kate would want to meet up with Harry and Meghan, who could try and steal their thunder on the earth shot project.”

  • ‘Wills & Kate want to boost their profile’

    Royal author Phil Dampier told Fabulous that: “William and Kate have always been very popular in the US but have not been there for some time so they will want to boost their profile and next year, during the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee year, would be a golden opportunity.”

    Phil also said the chances of William and Kate staying in the Sussexes’ £11million Santa Barbara mansion are slim.

    He added: “If they stayed with Harry it would turn into a circus and also be a security nightmare, taking attention away from the green cause, so I expect William and Kate to concentrate on their efforts and not meet up with them.”

  • The invisible man

    Prince Andrew will be pulled from all Platinum Jubilee events after a US court set a deadline for the sex abuse case close to the Queen’s 70-year celebrations.

    The Duke of York will not even appear with Her Majesty and senior royals on the Buckingham Palace balcony for an RAF flypast.

    Andrew, 61, who has stepped down from royal duties, will be kept away from all events next summer.

    A source said: “The plan is for him to be invisible during celebrations.”

    Paedo Jeffrey Epstein’s former sex slave Virginia Roberts Giuffre is suing the duke for sexual assault, including rape in the first degree, in 2001 when she was 17.

  • The Queen’s tough year

    The monarch had 295 engagements during 2019 – and has pursued a punishing schedule following the Duke of Edinburgh’s death, carrying out 120 official appointments in 194 days.

    • February/March – Harry & Meghan made Megxit official with an explosive Oprah interview claiming the family did not support Meghan and questioned Archie’s skin colour
    • April – The loss of her beloved husband Philip who died aged 99
    • August/September – Prince Andrew hides with his mother at Balmoral to avoid summons over allegations of sleeping with a 17-year-old trafficking victim
    • September – Prince Charles’ key aid is forced to step down over allegations the charity lobbied for honours for key donors
    • October – The Queen’s declining health means she has had to spend nights in hospital and will be forced to miss the COP26 summit
  • Sharing ’70 per cent’ of the criticism

    Bot Sentinel, a free platform using AI to analyse data, claims to have found 83 accounts with a total of 187,631 followers on Twitter that regularly shared ’70 per cent’ of the criticism of the Duchess of Sussex

    Bot Sentinel, which is a free platform using AI to analyse data, studied a sample of 114,000 tweets written about the Sussexes since January 2020 to track the negativity spread about the couple on social media.

    January 2020 saw the Duke and Duchess of Sussex announce their decision of stepping down as senior members of the Royal Family.

    The analysis by Bot Sentinel also identified 55 accounts used to spread negative content about the Duchess of Sussex as well as 28 secondary accounts that “amplified” the main accounts.

    The report says the 83 accounts had a total of 187,631 followers on Twitter.

    Twitter has commented on this, saying it was “actively investigating the information and accounts” mentioned in the report.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/feed/

Joseph Gamp

Leave a Reply