Shocking video shows victim repeatedly stabbed by Libyan migrant in Paris Gare du Nord rampage 

Shocking video shows victim repeatedly stabbed by Libyan migrant in Paris Gare du Nord rampage 

Shocking video shows victim repeatedly stabbed by Libyan migrant who ignored deportation order… and knifed six people in Paris Gare du Nord rampage

  • Harrowing footage shows the attacker swinging a blade from far above his head
  • He bundled his victim to the floor and stabbed him repeatedly before running off
  • The attacker went on to wound five more people before he was shot by police
  • WARNING: Graphic video 

Shocking video has emerged of a savage knife attack by a Libyan migrant on a rail passenger at the main Paris-to-London Eurostar hub yesterday.

Footage released today showed the moment the assailant, who claims his name is Mohamed Amine but has not been formally identified, pushed an unnamed man to the ground in the French capital’s Gare du Nord before repeatedly stabbing him.

The helpless victim suffered several puncture wounds and was left in a critical condition.  

His attacker was later shot by an off duty police officer, but not before he managed to plunge his blade into five other people in what authorities believe was an unprovoked mass stabbing.

The assailant charged through the doors and bundled a passenger to the floor

He can clearly be seen raising the blade over his head before plunging it into his helpless victim several times

He can clearly be seen raising the blade over his head before plunging it into his helpless victim several times 

The attacker ran off after other passengers intervened but he went on to wound five more people before being shot by police

The attacker ran off after other passengers intervened but he went on to wound five more people before being shot by police

Yesterday’s frenzied assault by the Libyan migrant, who was officially ‘expelled’ from France last year, took place during the morning rush hour in one of Europe’s busiest rail stations.

The harrowing clip of the assault showed how the assailant bundled his victim to the floor before circling around his flailing legs and violently swinging the blade from far above his head. 

He attacked six people in all – one woman and the rest male – before he was shot and taken to hospital.

All six suffered injuries and the man whose assault was caught on video was taken to intensive care in critical condition, but no one was killed in the assault. 

Meanwhile Paris prosecutor Laure Beccuau said that the assailant was undergoing surgery after being shot twice in the chest and once in the right arm. Investigators haven’t been able to interrogate him given his condition, she said.

The Libyan, who had no papers, was identified using fingerprint records that showed he entered France in 2020.

He was ordered to leave the country last year following numerous court appearances for crimes including damaging property.

But he simply ignored the expulsion order, and on Wednesday turned up at the Gare du Nord shortly before 7am. 

The attacker injured six people in all – one woman and the rest male – in what police believe was an unprovoked mass stabbing before he was shot and apprehended by officers (left)

The attacker injured six people in all – one woman and the rest male – in what police believe was an unprovoked mass stabbing before he was shot and apprehended by officers (left)

Yesterday's frenzied assault by the Libyan migrant, who was officially 'expelled' from France last year, took place during the morning rush hour at Gare du Nord - one of Europe's busiest rail stations

Yesterday’s frenzied assault by the Libyan migrant, who was officially ‘expelled’ from France last year, took place during the morning rush hour at Gare du Nord – one of Europe’s busiest rail stations

A soldier patrols at the Gare du Nord train station, Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2023 in Paris

A soldier patrols at the Gare du Nord train station, Wednesday, Jan. 11, 2023 in Paris

A female witness to the attack, who asked not to be identified, said: ‘I was with my friends at the Gare du Nord this morning, heading off on holiday, and we were just going into the entrance when we heard someone shout.

‘People were lying on the ground, and others getting on trains as quickly as possible. Someone had a knife out and was attacking people.

‘I looked after the first victim who had been wounded. I got the impression that the knifeman was just attacking anyone close to him.

‘As people were being looked after, I heard shots being fired – the forces of law and order were reacting to the attacker.’

The suspect first targeted a man at the front of the station as shown in the terrifying video.

The assailant then headed towards the platforms and attacked four civilians and a border police officer.

French Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin speaks to press at the train station Gare du Nord after a knife attack, in Paris, France, 11 January 2023

French Interior Minister Gerald Darmanin speaks to press at the train station Gare du Nord after a knife attack, in Paris, France, 11 January 2023

French police secure the area after a man with a knife wounded several people at the Gare du Nord train station in Paris

French police secure the area after a man with a knife wounded several people at the Gare du Nord train station in Paris

France’s Interior Minister, Gerald Darmanin, praised the ‘effective and courageous reaction’ of the police, but had no official comment about the way the Libyan had ignored an expulsion order.

‘Without the extremely rapid intervention, there would surely be deaths,’ he said, detailing how the suspect was neutralised within one minute of attacking his first victim.

‘At 6:42, the first acts were described. At 6:43, the police used their administrative weapon after his passage of violence,’ he said.

Prosecutors have opened a criminal inquiry, saying they were not initially treating the case as terror-related.

Last February, French police shot and killed a man who stabbed two officers at the Gare du Nord.

France remains on a state of heightened security alert after a spate of deadly attacks by Islamist radicals, and others, since 2015.

In December, 69-year-old suspect confessed to a ‘pathological hatred for foreigners’ after allegedly gunning down three Kurds close to the same station.

Advertisement

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/articles.rss

Peter Allen

Leave a Reply