After Gino D’Acampo ‘blindsided’ co-stars by quitting ITV travel show due to ‘delays’ a look at Fred Sirieix and Gordon Ramsay’s VERY busy schedules
Gino D’Acampo shocked fans on Sunday when he revealed he had quit popular ITV show Gordon, Gino and Fred: Road Trip after three series.
The Italian chef, 46, insisted in a statement that his departure had nothing to do with co-hosts Gordon Ramsay, 56, and Fred Sirieix, 51, claiming ‘complicated’ contracts were to blame.
However during his lengthy statement he also spoke of the trio struggling to ‘get dates together’ for filming and constant ‘changes’ and delays which he said was unfair on his family.
The series follows the pals as they travel the globe and enjoy local cuisine and would understandably take much planning.
Yet his two co-stars already have incredibly jam-packed schedules with Gordon soon jetting off Down Under to film a new series of Future Food Stars.
The Herald Sun reported in January that the foul mouthed chef would be arriving in the country in the ‘coming months’.
Gordon launched the new series last year, which sees 12 entrepreneurs compete for a £150,000 investment of the restaurateur’s own money to start a food business.
It comes after Lord Alan Sugar, 75, blasted the show for ‘ripping off’ his own series The Apprentice.
He insists the format of Gordon’s show that returns to BBC One with a second series later this year is a ‘virtual rip-off’ of The Apprentice and says he doesn’t understand how lawyers allowed it to go ahead.
‘Last year, Gordon Ramsay had some cockamamie idea… I like Gordon and I think he’s very good and should stick to what he should do, cooking and all that stuff.
‘He had some thing, which was like, I don’t know how the lawyers allowed it because it was a virtual rip-off of The Apprentice. No disrespect to Gordon but stick to your day job mate that’s all I would say.’
Gordon Ramsay’s Future Food Stars aired for the first time in 2022 on BBC One and the second series will begin later this year.
The chef also filmed series 21 and 22 of Hell’s Kitchen back-to-back in Burbank, California last year.
With one season having already aired Gordon will no doubt be jetting back to the US to promote the 22nd season.
He is also a judge on the American version of Masterchef which is currently in it’s 12th season.
The competition show has been recommissioned with filming due to begin shortly ahead of a summer 2023 release.
Meanwhile back in the UK the fate of Gordon’s ITV show Next Level Chef is still unknown.
The show saw an array of hopefuls including home cooks, influencers, and professional chefs battle it out for a £100,000 prize and 12-month mentorship.
He’s joined by Californian chef Nyesha Arrington and his former protege Paul Ainsley.
However viewers were less than impressed by the concept with Daily Mail’s Alison Boshoff writing: ‘Gordon Ramsay goes off the boil with a triple-decker flop’.
Meanwhile French maître d Fred also has his own commitments as he continues to film new First Dates as well as it’s teenage spin off series for Channel 4.
He is also fronting a new E4 series Fred’s Last Resort, where 12 young people at a crossroads in their lives are throw into a highly demanding role in the exacting world of luxury, high-end hotel hospitality.
The winner will receive opportunity to spend a year working within Accor hotels across London and enjoy bespoke training placements.
The show began airing on E4 on Tuesdays and Wednesdays from March 14.
Fred also appears regularly on Celebrity Gogglebox alongside his fiancee who he affectionally calls Fruitcake.
And if that weren’t enough he also hosts A New Life In The Sun, where he meets Brits who have started their new lives abroad with a new series expected soon.
It comes after MailOnline revealed that Gino’s decision came as a shock to his co-stars as well as show bosses because Fred, had been talking about working together just days before Gino claimed he’d made the decision to quit.
Gino’s departure comes just two weeks after Fred told MailOnline the show’s three big stars ‘were getting there’ in regards to settling contracts.
However, insiders wouldn’t rule out Gino changing his mind and making a U-turn, with a source saying: ‘Everybody connected with the show was shocked by Gino’s post.
‘As far as bosses were concerned, talks were ongoing and a settlement was in reach.
‘Contract negotiations are always difficult because of the trio’s schedules so the filming window where they can actually get the three of them together is pretty tight.
‘But clearly Gino has lost patience and pulled out.’
The source added: ‘Bosses hope to convince Gino to stay on with Gordon and Fred, because they genuinely have fun together and make great telly.’
Both Fred and Gordon have yet to comment on Gino’s post, or share their own messages about the show restructuring, despite it being on Instagram for hours.
During promotional interviews for his new Channel 4 series, Fred’s Last Resort, Gino’s co-star Fred Sirieix told MailOnline on March 7 the trio were busy organising the show’s next series.
However, he hinted that trouble was brewing behind the scenes with Fred noting there was an issue trying to pin everyone down.
He said: ‘Yes, we are talking about dates at the moment to go together on the next road trip. It is a bit difficult to juggle all our diaries, but we are getting there.
He went on to say that a hectic schedule was no bother for him, explaining: ‘I’m busy… that’s the nice thing about my career is there are never two days the same and that’s why I like it it’s very diverse.’
‘I get to meet a lot of people in different settings whether it’s restaurants or TV and I find it really exciting.
‘I don’t mind being busy, I like being busy in fact because the busier you are, the busier you get and when I’m busier I’m happy. When I’m not busy, I’m not happy.’
He echoed the sentiments 10 days ago during a chat with ITV’s Lorraine Kelly on saying on Friday 10: ‘We are talking about dates for the next one. It is difficult to juggle all of our diaries.
‘But we’re getting there – we’re getting there.’
MailOnline has contacted Fred and Gordon’s representatives for comment.
An ITV spokesperson told MailOnline that a new series of Gordon, Gino & Fred’s Road Trip in Spain has been filmed and will be broadcast on ITV1 and ITVX later this year.
The interviews have resurfaced after Gino said in a lengthy Instagram video on Sunday that he was leaving due to a row over ‘complicated’ contacts.
He told his followers: ‘Last week I decided not to film any more Gordon, Gino and Fred Road trips. The reason is very simple – nothing to do with Gordon or Fred, the friendship is very strong.
‘It’s just because we can’t get the dates together and sometimes when we do get the dates together sometimes they get changed and it causes a lot of problems for me because I have other stuff that I have to do’.
‘Personal problems as well because when I have to change things with my family it is very complicated and also because contracts’.
Gino is married to Jessica Stellina Morrison with whom he shares sons Luciano, 21 and Rocco, 18 and nine-year-old daughter Mia.
Gino went on to say: ‘Because contracts start to become very complicated and very stressful, I personally value the friendship with Gordon and Fred so much that I would rather the friendship than arguments with the contract’.
‘So I have decided not to do it anymore because I want to be friends with the boys for many, many years ahead.’
The popular show first aired in 2018 with the trio travelling France and Italy, before heading to America in 2020 followed two years later by a trip to Greece.
The series has also spawned three Christmas specials.