James Martin reveals future of Saturday Morning on ITV after shocking f-word rant at crew

James Martin reveals future of Saturday Morning on ITV after shocking f-word rant at crew

JAMES Martin fought back tears as he revealed the future of his ITV show, Saturday Morning.

The celebrity chef’s job was reportedly under threat after ten minute tirade at staff was leaked earlier this year.

James Martin is staying on ITV
James Martin is staying on ITVCredit: ITV

Bosses were said to be furious over bullying allegations aimed at the presenter, which came shortly after Phillip Schofield’s high-profile exit from This Morning.

Speaking at a live event on Monday, James told the crowd his series has been renewed by ITV

“I want to thank everyone for their support,” he said in an emotional speech, reports Birmingham Live.

“It’s been a difficult time and I’ve not been well.

READ MORE ON JAMES MARTIN

“But I wanted to let you know about the future of my Saturday show as ITV have just made a decision yesterday.

“So, ITV has decided to renew the Saturday show for another year. We’ve just found out.”

TV chef James, 51, revealed shortly after the leaked recordings that he secretly underwent surgery for cancer on his face in 2018 – before it returned on “several occasions”.

The popular chef also revealed that in the same traumatic period he and partner Louise were burgled by a masked gang and his grandfather tragically passed away.

Most read in TV

Martin said that time was “one of the most fraught and difficult periods of my life”.

A whistleblower passed a recording of the rant to The Sun after the star was accused of bullying his crew following a string of incidents on set.

He was heard swearing 42 times in the recording, as his anger boiled over after a drain was blocked at his home during filming for Saturday Morning.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/feed/

Amanda Devlin

Leave a Reply