TikTok prankster ‘Mizzy’ is BANNED from uploading videos to social media after idiotic clips storming homes, harassing women and stealing dogs (but sees the funny side outside court as he gets straight back on his phone)
- Bacari-Bronze O’Garro, 18, was issued with a criminal behavior order in court
- Known on social media as Mizzy he was fined £200 at Thames Magistrates’ Court
A TikTok prankster has been banned from uploading videos to social media after he put a family ‘at risk’ by walking into their home pretending he was trying to find a study group, a court heard.
Bacari-Bronze O’Garro, 18, known on social media as ‘Mizzy’, is behind a series of spoofs including stealing a woman’s dog, ripping up library books and jumping into strangers’ cars.
In one of his videos he can be seen saying: ‘Walking into random houses, let’s go’, before he and two others entered inside the property.
O’Garro, from Manor Road, Hackney, appeared at Thames Magistrates’ Court on Wednesday and admitted failing to comply with a community protection notice.
He was fined £200 and will have to pay an £80 surcharge with £85 in prosecution costs. His TikTok account has been taken down and he was also issued with a criminal behaviour order, which means he can never upload a video again without the permission of all those appearing in it.
O’Garro appeared in court wearing a black hoodie and a face mask. He spoke only to confirm his name, age and address, and to admit to one count of failing to comply with a community protection notice.
Varinder Hayre, prosecuting, told the court that O’Garro was issued with a community protection notice on May 11 last year, and that two of its conditions were that he not trespass on to private property.
Ms Hayre said that he then breached that notice by entering a home on May 15 this year.
‘He went to the home address of the victim,’ she said.
‘The woman was cleaning the patio when he entered her home. Mr O’Garro walked into the property and walked down the stairs. He was stopped by the homeowner. Mr O’Garro went to the living room and sat on the sofa.
‘He was asked to leave multiple times by both the victim and her husband. He ignored their request and carried on walking in their home address. The following day it turned out that he had filmed the whole incident.
‘It had been circulated on social media. The victim was unaware that Mr O’Garro was recording the incident. He captured the faces of her husband and children. She strongly feels he put her family at risk.’
Lee Sergent, defending, said: ‘The first thing to say on Mr O’Garro’s behalf is that he is sorry. He never intended to cause any distress or upset by his actions. It is fair to say that he believed what he was doing was a harmless prank.
‘He has now had the opportunity to reflect and realises that what he did was very stupid and very wrong and acknowledges it must have been extremely upsetting for the family whose house he entered.’
Mr Sergent added: ‘The problem with social media is that content is celebrated not based on its quality or social value but on the quantity of lives and followers.
‘He was egged on to a certain degree to do ever more content to gain more likes and followers.’
District Judge Charlotte Crangle said: ‘I have seen the footage and I can see exactly why the people who lived in that house were so upset and distressed on that day.
‘I am reassured by the fact that you have expressed remorse, and have gone back and apologised to them. I hope that time in custody has given you time to reflect on your behaviour.’
The criminal behaviour order imposed by the court means O’Garro cannot upload any video content onto social media without the consent of those in the videos and he must not trespass on any private property.
Detective Chief Superintendent James Conway of the Central East Command Unit added: ‘I do not underestimate the widespread upset, distress and concern that these videos caused.
‘Some people have referred to these as ‘prank’ videos, but I hope that this significant development demonstrates just how seriously we have been taking this investigation since this footage began circulating online.’
Earlier this week the Met Police said in a statement: ‘The arrest follows an investigation into social media footage which featured a number of incidents, including apparently unsolicited approaches made towards members of the public in the street or on transport, and entering addresses without the apparent permission of the owners.’